If you're using Yoast SEO or another legit SEO plugin, you probably know this already. But it's always nice to be reminded of on-page SEO best practices. Don't forget to add alt tags to your images, using the focus keyword you chose for your page / article.
For instance, the image in this blog post includes "alt tags" as the alt tag ;-)
Your focus keyword should appear:
- in your page's SEO title (which you set via Yoast SEO).
- in your page's meta description (also defined via Yoast)
- in the slug of your page ( = the URL )
- Ideally in the first paragraph of your copy
- In the body of your post (but avoid "keyword stuffing")
- In the alt tag of your image(s)
Yoast SEO advises to write a text consisting of minimum 300 characters but you'll get a green dot (for good SEO) from Yoast even with a shorter article, if properly structured. This piece (152 words) passed the test ;-)